Friday, 2 November 2012 | Molly Stentz
WORT 89.9 FM will broadcast the visit by President Obama on Monday, November 5th.
The event opens at 7am. Many streets downtown will be closed, some as early as Sunday morning. Parking will be limited. Buses will be rerouted. The 100 and 200 blocks of Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard will be closed starting 8 AM on Sunday, November 4th.
Closure(s) starting at 11 AM, Sunday, November 4th:
- Main Street, Doty Street and Wilson Street, (all) from Carroll Street to Pinckney Street
- The entire inner Capitol Square
- The 100 blocks of W. Washington Avenue, State Street, Wisconsin Avenue and E. Washington Avenue.
Closures starting at 3 AM, Monday, November 5th:
- The 100 and 200 blocks of S. Pinckney Street
- The 200 block of S. Carroll Street
- W. Wilson Street between Carroll Street and Hamilton Street
- Inbound W. Wilson Street between Broom Street and Henry Street
See a map of street closures here. (PDF)
The downtown Post Office will be open, though not through the front doors of the Madison Municipal Building. Enter through the loading dock entrance off the Doty Street Parking lot until after the event.