Friday, 7 December 2012 | Glenn Mitroff
Compiled by Diapoulos and Mitroff. For more information call 256-2001.
WORT was voted “Favorite Local Radio Station” in the 2012 “Madison’s Favorites” Isthmus Reader’s Poll (the 16th time that WORT has received this award.) “A Public Affair” was voted #2 as “Favorite Local Radio Call-In Show.”
WORT COOKBOOK AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!
A limited number of “This is What Democracy Cooks Like” are available and we expect to be sold out by December 1st. Books are $25 (no tax) with shipping available for $5.
Books are also available at the following locations: (We recommend phoning first to check availability.)
- Absolutely Art, 2322 Atwood Ave., 249-9100
- Rainbow Bookstore Cooperative, 426 West Gilman St., 257-6050
- Lakeside Press, 1334 Williamson St., 255-1800
- Community Pharmacy, 341 State St., 251-3242
- Manna Cafe, 611 North Sherman Ave., 663-5500
- Orange Tree Imports, 1721 Monroe St., 255-8211
- Wisconsin Historical Museum Store, 30 N Carroll St., 608-264-6555
A PUBLIC AFFAIR
Monday through Friday, Noon-1pm. A Public Affair is WORT’s live call-in interview program. Listeners can call in with questions and comments at: 608-256-2001 or toll free at: 866-899-9678.
- 12/5, Wednesday
- Karma Chavez first show as host regards “World AIDS Day.” The guest is Professor Shawnika J. Hull. She is an expert on HIV/AIDS in the black community.
- 12/7, Friday
- Host Esty Dinur speaks with Chrystia Freeland, author of “Plutocrats: The Rise of the New Global Super-Rich and the Fall of Everyone Else.”
- 12/13, Wednesday
- Host Tonya Brito speaks with author, Dara O’Rourke.
- 12/21, Friday
- Host Esty Dinur speaks with Derrick Jensen.
THE ACCESS HOUR
Mondays, 7pm-8pm. A different individual or group from the community hosts the program each week! Music, discussion, and lots more! For information about hosting an Access Hour, call 256-2001 on Monday at 8pm immediately following the show or email:email@example.com.
- David Bicknase, pianist and composer, will inspire and soothe listeners with “Harmonies of the Spheres.”
- Donald Swadley will do a show about Terrance McKennaon the topic of “Time Wave Zero” or “Novelty Theory.”
- A program of music for the holidays!
- The music of “The Weavers.” It will end with their Christmas songs.
- This is a program about the city bus system.
- This is a program of recently released music from Matthew Hollingsworth.
- A “Martin Luther King Day” live broadcast, continued as part of WORT news coverage.
- New authors from a local writer’s group present their works.
- This show includes discussions and information about the “11 X 16″ Campaign to reduce the population of the states prisons.
- In this show Doctor Jody will help listeners see how Chinese medicine, homeopathy, T-Touch, Reiki and other healing modalities help animal friends, too.
- The MidWest Severe Storm Tracking & Response Center tornado spotters resume action.
- Special music picked or played by Gabe Clemente to celebrate his eighteenth birthday this year.
- “Savage Class War” returns!
- Norm Stockwell and Joyce Fox host the “Laurie Mlatawou Memorial Show” on the one-year anniversary of her passing.
MUSIC PROGRAM SPECIALS
NEW DISC(S) AT NINE: Mon.-Thurs. nights, one or more NEW DISCS are played at 9pm, during the 8-11pm rock show.