It’s been a big year for local independent bookstore A Room of One’s Own, with their move to Atwood Avenue earlier this year and recently reopening the store for browsing after over a year of online and phone orders only in response to the pandemic.
Today on the show, WORT producer Jade Iseri-Ramos guest hosts our annual book show with Gretchen Treu, co-owner of A Room of One’s Own.
They cover a wide range of bookish topics, including how to find books for the people you love, reading for pleasure and as a communal act, how to avoid Amaz*n and support local booksellers, and much more—along with some of Jade’s and Gretchen’s personal picks from the year.
- Outlawed by Anna North
- We Both Laughed In Pleasure: The Selected Diaries of Lou Sullivan, edited by Ellis Martin and Zach Ozma
- What We Don’t Talk About When We Talk About Fat by Aubrey Gordon
- Bodies Are Cool by Tyler Feder
- She Who Became the Sun by Shelley Parker-Chan
- Beautifully Me by Nabela Noor
- Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson