Madison Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway recently released a budget proposal for 2020, with the city council scheduled to deliberate and offer amendments the week of November 11.
For today’s show, Carousel sits down in the studio with Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway to discuss the budget and her plans and priorities for the city, including improved transit infrastructure and the controversial vehicle registration tax, affordable housing initiatives, floodwater management and snow removal, voter registration and ballot access, the 2020 census, and programs to invest in the rising generation.
At the end of the program, the mayor offers several ways for listeners to get in touch with their local officials:
- Call the mayor’s office: 608-266-4611
- Email Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reach out to your alder: district[yourdistrictnumber]@cityofmadison.com
- Contact the Madison Common Council: email@example.com
- Learn about the mayor’s MetroForward>> plan at www.cityofmadison.com/metroforward