Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator
WORT-FM seeks: an individual to facilitate community access and training in radio by identifying, organizing, and placing volunteers in positions at WORT to support the ongoing work of the station.
Desired skills: organization skills to handle the details of managing 300 volunteers and dozens of events, a medium level of technical proficiency, curiosity to learn, personable, diplomatic, and sympathetic to the many needs of the volunteers; appreciation of the staff collective and as a bonus, able to articulate how they would participate in this kind of work environment.
In addition to technical skills related to those duties, the successful candidate will:
- Foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion
- Work effectively and collaborate as a member of a team
- Share complex information in a clear and organized manner in both verbal and written forms
- Connect well with others
- Work effectively with a diverse community
- Have experience in digital marketing and social media