The Kiosk is a four minute pre-recorded segment featuring a commentary and a calendar of events for the day.
What is a commentary?
A commentary is a place to express your thoughts or feelings on a subject. It is a short editorial written in your own words, using your own voice.
How does it work?
You request a commentary. You can either: record a file and send it to us OR schedule a time to record in the studio.
The Kiosk producers review all commentaries and choose the ones they would like to include. They may edit for clarity or brevity. If approved, they will schedule your commentary on the calendar, and then package it into the final product for broadcast. Your commentary will air for one day, at 5am, 6:30am, and 9am, and 2pm.
When should I submit it?
Please note we cannot air commentaries immediately after receiving them. Production for the coming week begins the preceding week.
If you have a particular airdate in mind, please submit your recording by the Thursday/Friday the week prior to your desired airdate.
- Commentaries are 2 minutes long (approximately 250-300 words).
- You must write out a script in advance and should practice reading it aloud.
- Begin your commentary by introducing yourself. Be friendly!
- End your commentary by giving your name and any contact information you choose to provide.
- Commentaries cannot be slanderous, and cannot contain hate speech.
- Commentaries cannot be indecent, obscene or profane.
- Commentaries cannot be commercial purposes or as a political campaign ad.
- Commentaries are not designed to be an extended community calendar listing. You may mention an event, but please use this time to share an idea with us.
- Commentators are limited to one commentary per month.
- Commentaries containing deliberate misinformation will not be aired.
What we’re looking for:
- Clear and concise
- Spoken in a natural voice
- Commentaries may be edited for clarity or brevity.
I just want my event announced, I don’t want to record a commentary.
Head to our Kiosk announcements page and submit your information at least ten days ahead of your event.
I want to submit my commentary!
Great! Fill out the below form.