WORT 89.9 FM
118 S. Bedford Street
Madison, WI 53703
May 5, 2014
5:00 – 6:30pm
Present: Karma Chavez, Stuart Utley, Sal Serio, Jim Schwall, Rich Samuels, Sybil Augustine
Absent: Molly Stentz
Meeting Commenced: 5:12 pm
1. Communication from the Public
a. Comments from Listener log: Positive comments regarding Mud Acres, world music programming, and A Public Affair.
2. Communication from the Board
a. None at this time.
3. Schedule Next Meeting
a. June 9, 2014, from 5:00-6:30 pm, at Electric Earth Café.
4. Approve Last Month’s Meeting Minutes
a. Minutes were approved.
5. Staff Reports
a. News, Talk, and Public Affairs – None at this meeting.
b. Music –
- Record Store Day in April had many WORT D.J.s at stores, creating awareness of the station. Story about RSD ran on website along with photos and links.
- Identification of a need for more music web content to be submitted by volunteer music programmers.
- Murfie digital storage/player may be affordable, but issues could potentially come up with multiple users, outside of WORT. Murfie will be making a proposal that Sybil can take to conference to try to generate interest.
- Hired new production coordinator.
- New phone guide has been developed, but glitches may still arise due to phone’s design and volunteer’s unfamiliarity.
- Staff changes, Listener Sponsor Development Director resigning June 30. Part time Business/Foundation Development Director resigns June 30. Desktop Support Staff resigns June 30.
- Move of May 18 WORT Block party to MLK Jr. Blvd.
6. Program Evaluations Update
a. News, Talk, And Public Affairs
- None reported.
- None reported.
- Hope to review Sal Serio before June meeting.
7. ANY OLD BUSINESS
a. Repeat discussion of issues with new phone system, especially in regard to having multiple callers on the line.
b. Programming Committee information now on WORT’s website, and in a timely manner. Need to find applications for P.C. that were submitted through website.
c. Steps proposed to preview Kiosk before it airs to prevent embarrassing final product like was aired in April.
8. ANY NEW BUSINESS
a. Discussion identifying need to capture listener data submitted to WORT via pledge drive cards.
b. Suggestion to read/listen more, and be aware of issues regarding Pacifica and how it may affect WORT.
Meeting Adjourned : 6:05 pm
Notes By: Sal Serio
__x_ FINAL VERSION. APPROVED: June 9, 2014