On this very special episode of the Perpetual Notion Machine three science nerds (Kelly, Will and Heather) explore the lighter side of things. You can find the fun in science by listening along. Take the climate quiz, play “Saved You a Click” and guess the scientist!
If you’d like to submit a question for the PNM crew to discuss, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Saved You a Click” – in case you still wanted that click:
- How nectar bats fly nowhere (Science News)
- Newfound Dwarf Planet ‘The Goblin’ May Lead to Mysterious Planet Nine (space.com)
- Weird Goblin Planet Found On The Edge Of Solar System (HuffPo)
- Fragrance is the New Second-Hand Smoke (Return to Now)
- Scientists invent way to create ‘unlimited renewable energy’ (Fox News)
- Scientists go ‘back to the future,’ create flies with ancient genes to study evolution (Science Daily)
For more advice on how to evaluate scientific/technical literature, Kelly recommends this article from Scientific American.
Thanks to our engineers Dave Harker & Kevin Lauterjung, and our executive producer Dennis Shaffer.