For me, very few vegetable only dishes are satisfying enough on their own. This is one. Here’s how you make Parmesan crusted zucchini:
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
4 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Turn the oven on to broil and the stove on to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Put the olive oil in a large oven safe sauté pan and add the zucchini, sauté to soften for 5-10 minutes.
- When soften and starting to brown, take the pan off the heat and sprinkle with Parmesan mixture.
- Place into oven and broil until everything is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Download Recipe as PDF: Parmesan Zucchini Recipe