What are Planned Gifts?
Planned gifts are a variety of charitable giving methods that allow you to express your personal values by integrating your charitable, family and financial goals. Making a planned charitable gift usually requires the assistance of the charity’s development professional and/or a knowledgeable advisor such as an attorney, financial planner, or CPA to help structure the gift. Planned gifts can be made with cash, but many planned gifts are made by donating assets such as stocks, real estate, art pieces, or business interests—the possibilities are endless. Planned gifts can provide valuable tax benefits and/or lifetime income for you and your spouse or other loved one. The most frequently-made planned gifts are bequests to charities, made through your will. Other popular planned gifts include charitable trusts and charitable gift annuities.
Why Should I make a Planned Gift?
Many people want to make charitable gifts but need to do so in a way that helps meet their other personal, family, or financial needs. Planned gifts give you options for making your charitable gifts in ways that may allow you to:
- Make a larger charitable gift than you thought possible
- Increase your current income
- Plan for the financial needs of a spouse or loved one
- Provide inheritances for your heirs at a reduced tax cost
- Reduce your income tax and/or avoid capital gains tax
- Diversify your investment portfolio
- Receive income from your personal residence or farm
- Plan for the transfer of your business
- Leave a charitable legacy for future generations
For information about how to make a planned gift to WORT and ensure volunteer powered listener-sponsored community radio for future generations please contact Listener Sponsor Development Director Susan Sheldon for information and assistance at (608) 256-2001 or e-mail email@example.com.
To reference WORT in any legal documents or instruments of conveyance, please use the following information:
WORT’s Legal Name: Back Porch Radio Broadcasting Inc
Federal Identification Number: 23-7328965
Official Address: 118 South Bedford Street, Madison WI, 53703