MADISON (WORT) — Sara’s Table is a weekly show where I invite you to share what’s on my table. I’m not a trained chef. I just like to cook, eat and drink well with good friends. Come join me.
1. Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a 5-qt. pot. Season with salt; add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup pasta cooking water.
2. Put butter or olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add pepper and cook, swirling pan, until toasted, about 1 minute. If desired, add other desired ingredients as complements to skillet with pepper to mix flavors together. (below is a list of delicious and tested options)
3. Add about 1/2 cup reserved pasta water to skillet and bring to a simmer. Add pasta and simmer until the liquid is absorbed by the pasta.
4. Remove from heat and let cool for 3-5 minutes, stirring and tossing occasionally to speed up the process. When steam no longer rises from the pasta its ready for the cheese.
5. Add Parmesean until the cheese coats the pasta, and pasta is al dente. Cheese shouldn’t melt, but stick to the pasta.
6. Transfer pasta to bowls and serve.
Diced sundried tomatoes
Basil and fresh cherry tomatoes Peas and prosciutto
Intro & Outro Music Credit: The Bellhops, from album Hero of My Own Tale, “Same Old Blues”
Episode Music: “C-Moi Blues,” Jazz at Mladost Club