Fans of local music, would you like to seek out and share the best of our scene with radio and online listeners? Apply to be a host of our monthly Friday night local music hour! Deadline is Aug. 10 — see more details below.
WORT LOCAL MUSIC SHOW: HOSTS/PRODUCERS WANTED
TIME SLOT AVAILABLE: First Friday of the month, 11 pm-midnight
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR: People who are self-motivated, eager to learn and love radio as a distinctive medium for introducing audiences to new and unusual arts, ideas, voices and sounds, especially local music from the Madison area, reinforcing our relationship with area artists and fulfilling our mission statement. We need volunteers to record performances for later broadcast, editing them as needed for length and quality, as well as hosting and engineering the program. When possible, we’d like video recordings and streaming to be a part of the production, and to use social media to enhance and promote the performances. We also want people to get station IDs from local artists and those passing through the area, editing and dubbing them for regular on-air use by DJs. Coordinating, training and working with new volunteer applicants and interns will be a part of the show.
DUTIES: Audio recording and editing, on-air hosting and engineering, scheduling guests and volunteers, participation in on-air fundraising, other work as needed to produce and promote the program.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 10, 2018
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Local Music Show” which answers the following questions:
• What is your concept of a “live and local” music program?
• How would you go about choosing and scheduling guests?
• What are your ideas for promoting the show and engaging the community?
• How would you organize and work together with others on recording, editing and broadcasts?
• Suggest two ideas for live and local recording candidates, and why you think they’re important.
• What’s interesting to you about the local scene these days?
• Do you have any prior experience working with computers, sound recording, video recording, digital audio or video editing? (Experience with any of these is not a prerequisite, but it’s helpful to know something of your technical background.)
SEND YOUR LETTER OF APPLICATION TO:
Sybil Augustine, Music Director
WORT Community Radio
118 S. Bedford St
Madison, WI 53703