On Tuesday, December 1st, 2015 WORT turns 40.
You know what that means—our Birthday Boost must be around the corner.
Starting Friday, December 4,with the Eight O’Clock Buzz, and going through Saturday’s Tropical Riddim show on December 5th, we will be asking for listeners to donate in honor of our 40th birthday. That’s a quick 30 hours of programming with a goal of $10,000.
What can you do? If you host one of the shows during the Boost:
- Please limit your guests so that you are able to rap for at least one third of your show. If you can record any testimonials from past guests before your show, that address the importance of WORT to those guests and to our community, you’re halfway there. Recorded birthday wishes are a great way to lead in to the testimonial.
- Be sure you have the strongest on-air pledge rappers for your show. Reach out to Molly or Sybil if you need help. Because this is only a 30 hour effort, we need the best phone volunteers, pledge rappers, and guests during this time.
- As we did last year, we’ll have a promo that will start running the week after Thanksgiving, promoting the Boost. I will also send an email to around 3,000 listener sponsors a few days before the Boost starts.
- Premiums: I haven’t decided what we will use for premiums. We still have copies of the bird book and Stu’s Madison book, but I’m hoping to get a little more creative. I welcome your suggestions!
- I don’t believe that the drawing we held last year really fueled too many donations. Again, I welcome your suggestions in this area.
Ha! you say, I don’t host a show during the Boost, I’m off the hook. Not so fast.
Please be ready to help if one of the Birthday Boost hosts reaches out to you. Maybe the first hour of our boost features a gathering of some of our eight o’clock buzz hosts. Maybe you rap on a show. Maybe you help a host get a great guest.
Or maybe you have some suggestions for something that would be an added incentive for our listeners to give. Let me know!
I’ll be following up with more details about the Boost in the next two weeks. Thank you!