For this segment, Monday host Patty Peltekos is joined by Green County Clerk Arianna Voegeli and Madison City Clerk Maribeth Witzel-Behl to discuss voter registration, absentee ballots, important deadlines, new safety protocols for election day, and information about training to be a poll worker for Wisconsin’s upcoming August 11 partisan primary.
Voting Information for August 11 Primary
- Voters may verify their registration, polling place, sample ballot, and absentee ballot status at My Vote Wisconsin.
- Voter registration by mail must be postmarked by July 22. Online voter registration must be completed by July 22. The deadline to register at the municipal clerk’s office is August 7 at 5:00 PM. Voters can register in-person at their polling place on election day (Tuesday, August 11).
- Absentee ballots must be requested by Thursday, August 6 at 5:00 PM.
- List of absentee ballot drop-off sites for Madison voters is available here. (Open at various locations and times from July 28 to August 7.)
- Ballots must be returned to the drop-off site, polling place, or clerk’s office by 8:00 PM on election day (Tuesday, August 11).
- For more information, Green County voters can reach out to their municipal clerk, Dane County voters can contact the Dane County Clerk, and Madison voters can talk to the City Clerk’s office.
Cover photo by Tiffany Tertipes on Unsplash